I finished it this morning! Here it is, without the vest:
Here it is with the vest:
Here's a detail shot, the cuffs have clear snaps and the neck has white hooks and eyes, and you can almost see the whole label. I just did a label with the Pigma Micron pen, as described in this post.
As with all my projects, I always either learn something or confirm something I already knew. Here are a few of those things:
- I have meet some of the most encouraging, helpful and understanding sewers on the Net. Thank you all for your encouragement and compliments - it really helps when I'm stuck on something or am not motivated to work on the project.
- The 70's really is not my fashion era; the mod potato sack like dresses don't do anything for me, I need clothing with a *waist*, or at least waist dart shaping through the body.
- Underlining is very important; don't skimp - use it if the project needs it! The cotton underlining made a world of difference in the dress' shape and stability.
- It's good to get out of the comfort zone and sew something different once in a while.
Parting Shot: Here's my son with his shorts. He finished those today, too. He's super excited and plans to use them as pajamas. They're not perfect and he did have some help from mom, but he's just thrilled anyway.