Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Holidays!

This has turned out to be a very busy December for us, plus the children have not been feeling well.  After a week of concerts and performing, in addition to school, they're pretty much done. 

As far as sewing, I'm taking a bit of a break before tackling the eight dance costumes that need to be done.  I did get a few pot holders done for my mother in-law.  This is the style that slips over a long pot handle.  The ones I made about 10 years ago or more have had a long and useful life and need to be replaced.  There is nothing magical about these, just bound rectangles of fabric and batting stitched right sides together and turned right side out. 


Due to school/work vacations, I will not be posting until the new year.  Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  I hope you take a few quiet moments to reflect on the true reason for the season we celebrate this month.  See you in 2012!

Parting Shot:  Mt. Lafayette.  This is me at the summit of Mt. Lafayette on Saturday.  Not much of a view this day, unfortunately - I've been up there in beautiful weather with 360 degree views into the surrounding valleys. With temps in the single digits and a moderate wind, we didn't stay long anyway!

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi Summerset! Hope you and your family have a good rest and a very merry Christmas> Looking forward to a great 2012.

Bunny said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love the pic, Brrrrrrr....

Irene said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

JustGail said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also! I have to say from looking at that picture - I hope it was much nicer when you started out on that hike!

Cennetta said...

Happy Holidays, Summerset. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

The potholders are a nice gift. I think I'll gift some to myself. See you in 2012.

Judy said...

A very merry Christmas to you! It has been wonderful reading your blog this year, and I look forward to all your projects next year. And I love your parting shots. This one makes me feel chilly! Happy Solstice!

Sigrid said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Summerset. Have a peaceful time.

WendyBee said...

So, how do we know that really is you on the top of that snowy mountain?
I know it sure isn't me, I have never done any winter hiking!
I hope your busy December has slowed down and you got a chance to relax.
Happy New Year!
WendyBee

JustGail said...

just stopped by to say I hope all is going well, and I think there are a lot of us who miss reading about your sewing. And the kids and kitties and hiking and .......