Advance 7931, Navy Corduroy Dress
I was able to get the sleeve done and in the dress this weekend. The sleeves with cuff detail are much easier to make than they look.
First, the cuff is made, then made into a circle. There will be a button on the cuff for decoration, but I'll add that later during the finishing
Then, the sleeve is made and the sleeve is simply gather and sewn to the cuff - there is no placket, slit or anything else. Very easy. The seam allowances are pressed up and I've serged the edges clean. The original pattern has this seam allowance bound, but since I'm not binding anything else in the dress, and the rest of the insides are serged, I will just serge this, too.
Lastly, the sleeves are set into the dress. The sleeves went in nicely and I'm happy with them.
I also got all the buttons done. This dress needs 13 buttons, so this kept me occupied one evening.
Next up: assembling and attaching the facing and collar. After that, there won't be much left except some finishing details.
Parting Shot: Zealand Falls. I went on a hike recently in this area and got a nice photo of the falls. There was plenty of water this day and it was flowing pretty quick as it had rained the previous few days.