Advance 7931, Navy Corduroy Dress
For almost every pattern that I sew, I go through a pretty standard set of alterations. This one is no exception. For starters, I use a size 32 in vintage patterns which gives me the smaller shoulder and neck area that I need as a petite. I've also shortened the bodice by 1", no surprise:
The skirt also needed to be shortened, but the pattern suggested to shorten at the hemline. In order to preserve the original width at the skirt's hem, I decided to remove the 4" I needed to remove in two sections of 2" each, as seen below:
The other thing I needed to alter was the sleeve length. The sleeves are drafted to be 3/4 length sleeves, but I'm not a fan of that length. Since the sleeves were almost full length anyway without removing the one to two inches that I normally do, I've added an extra inch and will do full length sleeves.
Any other changes will be done during the construction, which will most likely be just taking in the waist a bit.
Other than that, it is cut out and ready to sew!
Parting Shot: Self-Styled. He's not quite style conscious yet, but he is trying. He was concerned this morning whether he should wear the tan jacket or the black one. I told him to try both. Once he decided on the jacket, he asked if he should wear the red Converse. I said sure, they're a nice pop of color. So this is how he went to school today.