Advance 7931, Navy Corduroy Dress
Collar and Facings
I feel like I'm finally getting to the finishing stages of this dress now that the collar and facings are mostly done. I say mostly done because I need to get the other side of the bound buttonholes finished. I'll need a few hours to sit down and do that, but that won't happen until tomorrow evening.
The collar is cut on the bias in one piece, but I didn't have enough fabric to do that, so I cut the collar in two pieces and made a seam at center back. I think it looks fine and certainly doesn't detract from the dress.
The front edges are now done and you can get an idea of how this is going to look once it is finished:
I should have this dress done in the next few days if I have enough time to work on it!
Parting Shot: Fungus. I've been seeing quite a variety of fungus on my hikes recently. Maybe it is the time of year, or maybe it is because we've had a lot of wet weather and warmer temps, but there is quite a variety in all colors and shapes. I liked these because of the color and texture contrast with the moss that they're growing on.