Vogue 2989, Red Cardigan
As I thought, so far, this has been a pretty easy cardigan to put together. I've got most of it together, but basted both the seam over the arm and the peplum/waist seam to check the fit.
The over the arm seam is important because I have narrow shoulders that sometimes don't fill out what is drafted. I actually debated cutting a 6 through the shoulders instead of an 8 (which is my usual procedure with Vogue patterns), but settled on a straight 8 because I knew I could fine tune the fit later. It turned out, after trying on the cardigan, that it actually fit nicely with no adjustments.
I did need to take out that inch in the bodice length after all. I just couldn't get away with it being the regular length this time. That's ok, that's why it is a good idea to baste and try something on before making the seam permanent.
At this point, all I have left is to hem everything, add the neckband and finish the inside of the neckband. Should be done tomorrow!
Parting Shot: Help. It seems that I always need help in the sewing room! What you don't see is Pix sleeping on the floor or Kiwi in the closet. They're also around for mental support.