Applique Bag - More Details
I started this bag quite some time ago, sometime between January and now, but I can't remember, nor can I find the photos from the start of the project. I decided it needed to be finished up, so I've started working on it again. The bag is one that I've made before from a self-drafted pattern. Today I'll get you caught up to where the project is now.
The applique was cut from a great piece of fabric from Vicki Welsh - it is one of her gradients, available in her Etsy shop. To start, I drew the shape I wanted on to freezer paper, then cut it out. I then ironed the freezer paper to the fabric and used the freezer paper as a pattern to cut out the fabric. After that, I fused the shape to the denim using Misty fuse.
Once that was complete, I satin stitched around all the edges, changing the thread a few times to make sure it matched the fabric.
Now I need to find the lining that I made and see if I've cut out the straps/binding yet.
Parting Shot: Morning Glory. My morning glory vine is back - at least I think this is a morning glory, maybe not. It comes back every year, even though I think I've removed a great deal of vine every fall. Even the ants like it.