An Easter Dress
Thanks for all the compliments on the fabric and pattern choices for this project! I've been able to work on the bodice. Although this is a simple dress, it should fit right, so I made up the lining first and tried it on my daughter. It didn't fit too badly, but I chose to make two corrections. One, the points of the bust darts needed to be moved over about 3/4" toward the center, this correction you can see below. Two, I shortened the bodice length so that the waist seam is at the natural waist rather than a bit below.
Once the pattern corrections were made, I then cut out the silk and the satin layers. Then it was time for all the basting. The silk and satin layers needed to be basted together to prevent shifting around. I also basted through the center of each dart before stitching them to keep things from shifting.
Now that the darts, shoulder and side seams are stitched, I've got a bodice lining and a bodice:
The next step is to work on the skirt and get it attached.
Parting Shot: Pink Bag. I got a request for a money bag cover for a ladies event at our church. They didn't want the standard blue one, so I found a some pink vinyl in my collection, a pink zipper and some fibers to make a tassel. It is big enough to put the blue one in but fits in better with the event theme.