Black Skirt - Burda 1/11, #105
Between yesterday afternoon and a little time working on it this morning, I finished up the black skirt.
I lined the yoke and finished all the hand stitching:
Here's the inside at the "v", cleanly finished with the yoke lining handstitched in place:
Earlier, I decided that I would cut the skirt as drafted and then see how it looked before changing the hemline. I decided after seeing it on the dressform, I decided to remove about 2" from the hem at center front and back and tapered that into the sides. It still has an uneven look, but it is not as extreme as the original. If after wearing it I decide that I want a true even hem, I can still go back and retrim the hem. To finish the hem, I just serged the edge, turned once and topstitched. Clean and simple.
I'm happy with it and it will work nicely to fill a hole in my wardrobe.
Parting Shot: Snow Fort. While we were outside on Saturday, my son and I also made a snow fort. He is excited about it and will have fun this playing there with his friends.