Not Part Two of New Pajamas
I had hoped that this post would be Part Two of the new moose pajamas, but it isn't to be. I ordered some patterns in the hopes that they would be here by now so that I could sew up the the t-shirt right away. Since the patterns have not arrived, I have to put this project and other projects on hold. I've bought the Jalie men/boys t-shirt pattern for this project, but I've also got the running skirt/skort in the same order, so a new running outfit will be on hold, too. I even have fabric, but not the patterns!
Meanwhile, I decided to make something up from the February Burda. It isn't even February yet! Not that I've chosen the most exciting pattern of the lot, but it will probably be one of the most useful (in addition to Jalie women's t-shirt pattern, which is part of that order that I don't have yet!). By now if you've seen the Feb. Burda, you've probably guessed it: the plain, long sleeved t-shirt.
I know, not exciting, but useful and will be worn. A lot. At least I hope a lot. I wear my black and white t-shirts a lot, so I'm hoping that by making a red one it will see use, too. We'll see. I'll make this one and hope it doesn't go the way of so many woven button up shirts I've made!
At any rate, I have some fabric I really like, so that's a start in the right direction. This is a red slub rayon jersey knit that I bought from Fabric.com when I bought the ever-so-wonderful burgundy stretch french terry. I'm thinking this will be a bit easier to work with. I can't imagine why it wouldn't.
With only four pattern pieces and straight forward construction, I'm thinking I should be test wearing this tomorrow. We'll see. Right now I need to get red thread on the serger.
Parting Shot: Screen. As a surprise for my daughter, today I made her silkscreen from her block printing artwork. I used her original artwork, fixing up so that I could make the screen and now she has a screen for making t-shirts. Now we need to find a cheap t-shirt!