3 Studio Art Quilt Challenge
Destination Reveal and Final Review
Here's the final Destination quilt:
Since my son had already asked for the quilt, and wanted on the wall in his bedroom, I had to find a way to hang it. I found some old picture hanging hardware which conveniently had holes in it which I then just stitched to the back of the quilt. Since this quilt is small (approx. 12"x12") and stiff enough, I didn't feel the need to use a hanging sleeve and then devise a way to hang it with a dowel.
He was pretty excited to see it hanging in his room when he got home from school!
For all the quilts for the year (there was one every other month), I've put together a slide show:
This was an interesting project. I'm glad I did it, it was good to have a small little project to try out some ideas and be challenged by the themes. I've been able to do more printing on fabric - many of these quilts have printed fabric, and some more free motion quilting. I'm not sure what I'll do with each of these quilts, as they are completely finished with bindings. Of course, my son has already claimed one, he might end up with the other mountain quilt, too!
Parting Shot: Hood. I went to my local yarn shop to pick up some sock yarn earlier this week, and I came out with yarns for a knitted hood with furry trim. Sigh. They had one all made up and on display, and for some reason the whole thing resonated with me. I chose to use a hand dyed blue worsted weight wool, Classy from Dream in Color, a color that they call Deep Seaflower with blues, teals, and aquas in it. The furry sort of yarn for the trim is Furlaoro from Plymouth yarn and has similar colors.