The Great Vintage Shirt Project - McCall's 2207
A Good Start
I got a good start on this month's vintage shirt today. I got everything cut out, and was able to get the back constructed.
This pattern had never been used; I could tell because it had never been cut out of the tissue paper. Each pattern piece was individual, but still had a margin of tissue around the outlines, unlike today's patterns in which the pieces are printed together on large sheets.
The back has gathers along the yoke rather than the pleats or darts in some of the other patterns that I've sewn. This part was easy enough to construct. I did line the yoke area even though the pattern did not include this in the instructions. I think it will look much neater on the inside finished that way.
Once together with the back, the yoke is top stitched.
Parting Shot: Padfolio. My daughter did some fabric stamping this summer, and I told her I'd make a pad folio out of the fabric. I finally got it finished this weekend, just in time because she needed something to write down things at her flute lessons.