The Great Vintage Shirt Project - McCall's 9389
I've finished the shirt and not a moment too soon since we're leaving for vacation this afternoon. I'm pretty happy with this one, even with the white pocket show-through. It doesn't look as bad, now that the blouse is all together.
Beside the pockets on the front, there is a deep pleat at center back which is top stitched:
The rounded collar does not have a stand, so to finish the inside, the neckline and collar seam allowances are finished with a piece of bias. I used pre-made single fold bias tape, as I had plenty on hand. I really like the neat and clean finish:
I found enough vintage buttons in my collection for this blouse. Often, I find that I only have two or three of many styles, not enough for a blouse. Fortunately, I had six of this style.
Parting Shot: Packing. We're leaving for vacation this afternoon. We'll be back next week and I'll start posting again on Wednesday. See you then!