Another Jalie 2794 Sweetheart Top
I went to get the black corduroy I had in my collection to make the new Patrones trousers, and quickly found out what I thought was enough for trousers was not. There is enough for a skirt or something smaller, but not trousers. After a trip to Joann's, I came home with some denim good enough for a pair of trousers, but cheap enough to not feel guilty about if they turn into muslin #2. Of course, the denim needs to washed and dried a few times before use, so I have to wait.
Meanwhile, I've started a different ensemble for myself, consisting of a skirt and top in the two fabrics below.
This was an ensemble I considered making in the fall, and then decided not to for various reasons. Now is the perfect time since it seems that mid-winter is always sort of blah and a few new bright pieces of clothing always seem to help. I already had both fabrics in my collection along with the patterns and notions, so it was a good idea all around.
Here's the top I made this morning between loads of laundry:
It isn't anything terribly exciting, but it is a pattern that gives reliably good results. The fabric is from Kashi at MetroTextiles in NYC. My daughter has a top in this fabric, and after making this one, there is still enough fabric for one more top.
The skirt will be Burda 12/09 #122, the flared skirt that I've seen made up several times now. All the versions I've seen have turned out really well, and I've been wanting one, too. It will also give me the opportunity to try out a new welt pocket technique. I'm going to try to get that traced up tonight and cut out tomorrow.
As far as the trousers are concerned, I'll get back to those next week.
Parting Shot: Attack! Wellie is very playful and will chase the girls quite a bit around the house. He doesn't have front claws, and I'm not sure if the girls know this or not. He does have his teeth, but Pix won't let him mess with her and Kiwi will eventually get tired of him and run under the bed.