Thank you all for the compliments on the plaid suit! It certainly is unique, and a good addition to my winter church wardrobe. The bonus of the pieces is that they can be worn separately, so as to lessen the impact of all that plaid!
This actually was the very last project of 2009, finished on New Year's Eve. It is another version of Burda 7767, which my default pattern for my husband's shirts. The fabric is a really nice cotton shirting that I got from Kashi at Metro Textiles in NYC.
For this version, my husband decided on a few different style features, while some style choices are standards, such as the buttondown collar.
First, the cuffs and pocket have the angled bottoms.
Second, the cuffs and collar have a contrast fabric on the inside. We looked at white, black, blue, and yellow before settling on the melon color.
Third, he asked for a curved hem and side vents. This way he can wear the shirt tucked in or out.
I'm really happy with how this one turned out. This is the third time I've used David Page Coffin's sleeve placket technique and I'm really pleased with the results. If you make shirts or want to make shirts, do invest in his book, Shirtmaking, it is money well spent! With each shirt, I think my skills are continuing to improve. I think that's good - if you want to be really good at something, no matter what it is, you have to practice!
Tomorrow, one more catch-up post, a little project I finished before I finished the shirt.
Parting Shot: A Sink Full. Wellie is up to his usual tricks, and I found him lounging in one of the sinks the other morning, happily chewing on an old comb. He likes to chew things, so I'm glad this wasn't my son's favorite comb!