Burda 12/09 #122
Between yesterday afternoon and today I made good progress on the skirt. Here it is now, waiting for the waistband and belt loops to be finished, the flounce to be added and the hem finished.
I'm really pleased with how the welt pockets turned out. I used Kenneth King's ribbon method from his recent book, Cool Couture. I did change one little thing, instead of using ribbon as directed, I used a strip of fusible interfacing cut to the same dimensions and fused in place before starting the technique.
I will probably use this technique from now on when making double welt pockets due to the ease and great results.
I should be able to finish this tomorrow and be able to start those trousers next week. Of course that depends on me finishing things for my clients and how many costumes I'll have to work on!
Parting Shot: Sunset. Yesterday's sunset was so pretty that my son ran out with the camera to take pictures of it. The picture really does not do it justice - the sky was full of beautiful color, graduating from color to the next.