Garden Path - Jacket - Part XXXIX
I might as well give you the picture first, then you can actually read the post. Here's the jacket, as it is now. I still need to attach the other side and the entire bottom (more about that later in the post).
As you know, mainly by the volume of posts on this topic, that I've been hard at work trying to complete this project. I estimate that it will be another 2 1/2 weeks before completion. That is, if I stay on the schedule I've made for myself. That means you should see a photo shoot by the beginning of October - at least that's my goal. Which reminds me that I still need a hat for this outfit!
I was supposed to prep the entire bottom section for the jacket today, but I'm going to have to remake it. Originally, there were just little sections to fill in the under the curves of what now is the bottom of the jacket. Those little sections just didn't work out. The points were too skinny and yet too thick to turn properly into the points that I'd like and add to that a high shred factor and the whole thing was a mess. Tomorrow is another day and I'll get out the fabric, batting and backing and make a new bottom section. Thankfully, it is only about 4" wide so I'll be able to quilt a new one in a day.
I did get the dragonfly done, so I'll show you that either tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow I hope to get a few minutes to work on the spider body - I'll add the legs when I attach it to the jacket. That leaves just the butterflies to make in the hoop and the ants to be worked directly on the piece.
Parting Shot: Watching. Kiwi saw the turkeys yesterday and was completely fascinated. Of course, what she doesn't realize is that the turkey is much larger than she is and would probably peck her eyes out.