Garden Path - Jacket - Part XXXIV
I was able to get one cricket made! I started with the crickets because I've done them before. A new motif that I haven't beaded before takes more time because it takes me a while to figure out what beads I want to use in what place.
All the insects will be made the same way, beaded on organza with Sulky Solvy stabilizer underneath. I trace the motif to the stabilizer, which I can see through the organza. Once I am done with the beading, the whole piece is rinsed with water to wash away the stabilizer. Solvy is the stabilizer of choice, because it is water soluble. You can see the two layers below.
Once the piece is dry, I carefully trim it very close to the beading and then I put regular white glue or fabric glue - not the washable kind! - around all the edges to seal the piece and let it dry. It is then ready to be appliqued in place where ever I want it.
I've still got space, so I'll be making a few more crickets before I remove the fabric from the hoop.
I did get the trim on the other piece today and tomorrow will work on getting the flower border ready for attachment. Tonight I'll make another cricket!
Parting Shot: It's Back! Yes, my car is back, and hopefully fixed. I haven't had a car in almost two weeks . It had some weird starting/electrical issues so it worked for one day when we replaced just the battery, but found it it wasn't fully fixed. My husband and FIL hot-wired the car and got it to the mechanic, but that was a week ago Saturday. Thankfully, my husband worked from home one day and I got to use his car that day. Unfortunately, living in a rural area with long commutes, a car is more necessary than you'd think. Now maybe you know why I've got so much done on GP recently - I couldn't go anywhere!