Garden Path - Jacket - Part XVI
Coneflowers, Part 2
Today I got the first two coneflowers done!
I'm very happy with the way they turned out. I ended up refining the five petal template with slightly shorter petals and slightly narrower center. I also am laying two sets together - the bottom set I cut off one petal and make the center smaller so that I can offset the petals.
The beading is a bit different for these. I've used beads to secure the sequins for more texture rather than just the backstitching.
I am really happy with how the whole thing is turning out now! I now need to get the next set of stems in place and then I'll be able to do pansies, more daises, coneflowers, roses, and some hollyhocks (yes, they're still in the plan!).
Parting Shot: Block. My son completed the first block for his new quilt yesterday. He does all the stitching and pressing himself, and I help him with the matching and pinning. He is starting to take over some of the matching, but I always double check to make sure it is lined up right.