Garden Path - Jacket - Part XI
Back to the Drawing Board
Glad you liked the refashioned shirt - thanks! It was a challenge to get all the pieces out of one shirt, but it was a good exercise to try!
So I've started the applique process and while I proceeding at barely a snail's pace, I'm not quite happy with how things are working out. Let me explain.
The flowers themselves are pretty, the colors and shapes are right. Their placement and how they are all working together is not. At least not for me. I've got the hollyhocks on, and now am working down the piece, placing in the other flowers, starting with the roses. Due to space constraints, I'm not able to put in the flowers I'd like to, nor is the piece looking quite right to me. I photocopied a bunch of flowers today, cut them out and started laying them out to make a garden like scene:
I have to tell you, this is not working for me. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. I know it is hard to get a good idea of the finished piece working in black and white, but for some reason, this isn't making me happy.
I think I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board for this applique section. I think I know what will work - something well planned and orderly. Hopefully not boring.
I'll let you know when I get something drawn up!
Zipper tutorial later this week, and yes, the Betty dress will be made in the last choice pictured (despite my deep affection for paisley, which some of you share!).
Parting Shot: Sun Printing. My daughter is trying sun printing for the first time. She seemed to like the process and wants to paint more, so I've got some more paints on order. I hope I haven't created a monster!