Garden Path - Jacket - Part III
I've been pretty busy for the past week or so with just the quilting. While this is not as exciting as making the flowers, it is an important part of the garment, and needs to be done first. There will be plenty of flowers to show in the next few months!
You've already seen how I'm quilting this ensemble, so I thought I'd show you that I've actually accomplished something. The last time I showed you any major progress, I showed you the quilted sleeves. The jacket body is done, the shoulder seams are just pinned together. I'll trim the pieces and stitch those seams later in the construction process once the applique is finished.
I also quilted the collar and collar facing. It was just easier to quilt one piece from which to cut out both collars. I rough traced the collar on the piece just to make sure I had enough room for both pieces and so that they will be quilted exactly alike.
That's all the pieces for the jacket that I'll need to quilt. At least I think so. We'll see when I actually get to construction and see if I'm missing anything.
I've also started work on quilting the skirt; the straight lines are done, tomorrow I will do the free motion quilting. This is a front or a back, at this point it doesn't matter. I'm quilting large enough pieces so that I can cut either.
In other news, the blouse fit, with one minor change that I'll make to the pattern when I cut the real blouse. I'll show you that and more blouse details tomorrow.
Parting Shot: Cleaning Up. My daughter is cleaning out her flower bed today, getting rid of all the leaves and weeds to get it ready for the summer. It looks like all her plants are growing back, so we'll have some flowers in that bed this summer.