Garden Path - Jacket - Part I
In Which I Actually Make Something!
Behold, a quilted sleeve!
It still is a bit wet from removing the guidelines for the quilting, but it will dry.
I actually got a sleeve quilted today. Now that's progress! I feel like this project is finally underway and I accomplished what I set out to do today. I know it doesn't look like much, but when you factor in the daily commute, chores and other things I did today, it is something.
Tonight, I'll need to get the second sleeve ready, starting with a rough tracing and of the pattern piece and then drawing the quilting lines. I use a protractor and clear ruler to mark all the lines. The protractor is useful for getting those 45 degree lines at the proper angle.
The clear ruler is one of the best marking tools I've ever used. Being able to see through it to reference the previous line is so much better than trying to mark lines with a regular ruler. I use those water soluble Dritz marking pens for the lighter colored fabrics such as this. If the fabric is dark, I'll use a white marking pencil.
Once the piece is marked, it will be pinned and ready for the quilting:
The whole process shouldn't take too long, so maybe I'll get a few minutes to work on the Manos Sweater.
Parting Shot: Sequins! After making a spreadsheet just for the beads and sequins needed for each flower, I discovered that I was lacking yellows and pinks. I received my order from C. Cartwright's today, after only ordering it on Thursday. They're pretty quick and have tons of colors, sizes and shapes.