By Request, The Paducah Dress Fix
Some of you have asked me to show you how I fixed the shoulders for the Paducah dress, so here it is. I will have to admit, because of the way the pattern was drafted, it really was not so much my cleverness, as the pattern's.
The dress front neck only is bound. The back neck edges have cut-on facings. You can see this in the photo of the pattern piece below. This is the back, and you can see the fold line, and the facing starting at the top where my hand is, and continuing down the diagonal back edge.
The front is finished first, the joined to the back at the shoulders, with the back edge facing wrapping around the neck edge at the shoulder seam. Once stitched and turned the right side, everything is finished; the facing is turned and already attached at the shoulder seam. You can see this in the instruction sheet below.
All I had to do was turn the facing inside out at the shoulder seam (show below, first photo), restitch, trim and turn back to the right side (show below, second photo).
This is how the neck edge looks finished from the outside with the bound front to the left of shoulder seam, and the back with facing to the right:
Q/A: Cindy wanted to know where I got the fabric for this dress. I got this fabric from Denver Fabrics. It is one of the cotton lawns, but I'm not sure if they have any left. I also have the same print in the coral colorway. I used for one of my daughter's dresses.
Parting Shot: Maizy Socks. I finished the Maizy socks this weekend. The yarn is Maizy (a corn fiber/nylon blend) by Crystal Palace Yarns, in the color Hibiscus knit in this sock pattern. There is a lace pattern to them, but it is hard to see, sorry! Next to knit: the Manos del Uruguay sweater. I started it on my trip, I'll show what I've done sometime this week.