Ride 'Em Cowboy - Vest - Part IV
Trouble on the Trail
Cattle Rustlers? No.
Vicious Lining Slashers? Yes. Take a look:
Everything was rolling along just fine until I went to finish the armholes. I put together the lining and stitched it around all the edges except the armholes, turned the vest to the right side and pressed it. I turned in the seam allowances at the armholes to the inside and catch-stitched them in place:
I stay stitched, clipped and turned the lining seam allowances into place:
I started pining the two edges together and that's when I saw it - the slash in the lining! I don't know when it happened, but it couldn't stay there. I decided to take out just that one front of the lining and replace it. It was easy at this point because I still had access to the inside of the vest. I took off the offending piece, pressed it and used it as a pattern piece for the new lining front.
Thirty minutes later and I was back in business, getting the lining ready for final stitching. Whew. I'm not sure what I'd done if it was the cattle rustlers.
Today, I'm working on the top to go with the inspired by Prada suit - I should be able to show you a few sneak peek shots tomorrow. I'll get full suit photos on Sunday after I wear it to church.
Parting Shot: Tuna! Kiwi likes tuna for lunch, too and pesters me while I'm trying to eat my lunch. All she gets is to lick the bowl, though.